© Michele Emerson-Robert 2016
“Stocking stuffer,” gift and cards are a snap with small pieces of handmade paper, some chip board and a couple of die cuts. It takes less than 15 minutes to complete these, when you have the components already made a head of time.
· Any of the Arnold Grummer® paper making kits
· Blender, cello sponges and soft towels
· A sunny window
· Scraps of off white paper (think junk mail, etc.)
· Scraps of white card stock and tan chip board to die cut (I used the inside of a cereal box)
· Dies: Creative Expressions™/Sue Wilson™ CED3016 2015 Christmas Angel, #CED3059 Illuminated Angel Mini Striplet
· Tonic Studios™#804N Mother of Pearl Nuvo Embellishment Mousse
· Beacon ZipDryTM adhesive, double sided foam tape
1. Follow the instructions found in any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits to create off white slurry and create one or more sheets of medium weight handmade paper.
2. Allow the paper to dry.
3. Cut, score and fold a 4 x 8 1/2” card.
4. Die cut and emboss the trumpet Angel for the card from the scrap white cardstock.
5. Cut the Angel for the bookmark from the tan chip board.
6. Apply the Mother of Pearl Nuvo Mousse to both Angels.
7. Use the Stylus to lightly apply the brown ink around the edge of the trumpet Angel.
8. Stamp the saying onto the tissue paper. Tear the edges of the tissue.
9. Tear a piece of handmade paper a bit smaller than the card.
10. Tear a piece of handmade paper approx. 3 x 6 ½” for the bookmark.
11. Punch a hole at the top of the bookmark.
12. Insert the cord into the hole. Tie the ends of the cord together.
13. Attach the Angel to the bookmark with ZipDry™ adhesive.
14. Attach the handmade paper to the front of the card with double sided foam tape.
15. Attach the trumpet Angel to the right side of the card with double side foam tape.
16. Attach the stamped tissue paper to the left side of the card.